Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals Class
Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals Class Description
Our Women’s Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals class conducted at our indoor gun range in Waco, TX, is all about sharing the basics — along with the fun, seriousness and importance of being a responsibly armed female.
The fundamentals of shooting will be introduced, reviewed and built upon, while also exploring universal safety rules, situational awareness, common types of handguns, ammunition types, marksmanship skills, advanced firearms handling, defensive pistol fundamentals and the use of deadly force.
The goals of this course are to:
- PROVIDE a welcoming, knowledgeable, and supportive instructional environment;
- SHARE the importance of firearms safety, ownership, and training;
- EMPOWER you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence requires to use a firearm safely and proficiently;
- BUILD the number of responsibly armed women; and,
- ENCOURAGE you to get out of your comfort zone, to adopt the correct mindset for personal protection and to train and practice regularly.
Levels 1 & 2 comprise the beginner and intermediate sections of the class, and Level 3 addresses the advanced topics. The levels are separated into separate classes to allow students time to process and absorb the training before moving on to the advanced class work.
WHSDF Levels 1 & 2 are a prerequisite for the WHSDF Level 3 class.
This class includes life-fire training and students are encouraged to bring their personal firearms to the class.
Women's Handgun and Self-Defense Fundamentals Class Instructors